How to Care For Your Dental Implants after Surgery
Here are some tips on how to care for your dental implants after surgery:
- There may be oozing, pain, persistent bleeding, and swelling after the dental plant surgery, which may cause some discomfort. But this should subside within the first 24 to 48 hours.
- You may apply moist heat and pain medication to decrease the healing time.
- Eat soft foods for the first few days and avoid doing any strenuous physical activity.
- Use a soft toothbrush and gently stroke your teeth to avoid damage to the dental sutures.
- Use special mouthwash to prevent dental bacteria.
- Rinse your mouth and gargle with warm salt water about 2 to 3 times daily.
- Remember, the implants are now part of your teeth. You should care for them just as you would your natural teeth.
- Ensure that you schedule a regular visit to your dentist.
By carrying out proper dental hygiene and right dental care, your dental implants would last you for a long time. Are you concerned about getting a dental implant? Visit us today to learn more from our dental surgeon.
After you’ve undergone dental implant surgery and you feel a sharp protrusion on the edge of your tooth/teeth, you shouldn’t feel bothered as this is normal, but if you feel concerned, feel free to call our office. More so, you may experience stiff jaw muscles, a sore throat, and dry lips, all these are normal signs of having gauze in your mouth and should leave after about 2 to 3 days after surgery.
Some foods that should be eaten after the oral surgery include Rice, Oatmeal, Noodles, Healthy juice or smoothies, Fish, Eggs, Bananas, Baked beans, Avocado, etc.
Some foods that should be avoided include Acidic foods, such as orange juice, limes, lemon, tomatoes, etc.; Hard foods, such as apples, nuts, and chips; Popcorn; Spicy foods (they may cause a sort of discomfort).
By now, you would have known how much time dental implants would take to heal up before you can have your teeth and how to care for your dental implants after surgery to make the healing process easier and faster. If you need more dentists’ recommendations, or you have any question relating to dental implant procedures, don’t hesitate to call our office today.