The advancement in dental technology has presented several treatment options to people with missing teeth. Even patients with an extreme loss of jawbone can still avail themselves of the benefits of replacing their missing teeth after undergoing a minimally invasive bone grafting or augmentation procedure.
In fact, patients missing all of their teeth can have their full teeth restored in VIP Dental Implants. These missing teeth treatments vary in terms of durability, affordability, and appearance. Some are even more natural-looking than the others.
Although most people believe that dental implant is the best and choice missing teeth treatment, there are other situations where other replacement options for missing teeth, such as dental bridges, dental crown, and dentures may be required.
Visit VIP Dental Implants today for your dental treatment. At VIP Dental Implants, there are professional dentists who will examine each dental condition on an individual basis and suggest missing teeth treatment that would best suit each patient.
Here is a list of the various missing teeth treatment available:
Dental implant Houston is the best missing teeth treatment option. It mimics the structure and appearance of the natural tooth. It is very durable and suitable for replacing a single tooth. Dental implants are basically titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone. After it integrates with the jawbone, it acts like the tooth root that supports the abutment and crown (new tooth).
Aside from replacing missing teeth, dental implants are also used to support dental bridges and also improve the retention of dentures. In some dental cases, a dental implant can be used to support a denture that will fit permanently into the mouth.
Benefits of Dental Implant Houston:
- It has high success rates, especially in healthy patients
- It is more comfortable and stable.
- It is more functional and strong
- It neither affects the adjacent teeth nor requires the removal of part of the adjacent teeth
- It requires less maintenance compared to other missing teeth treatment
- It is more aesthetically pleasing.
Disadvantages of Dental Implant Houston:
- It is more expensive.
- The procedure is time-consuming i.e. it requires a lot of time for the procedure to be completed.
- It requires minor surgery, which is invasive.
- It is highly dependent on the amount of jawbone available. As a result, it may require a bone graft procedure, which is a different dental procedure on its own.
- It has a low success rate in patients with poor oral health and hygiene or a particular medical history, such as diabetes, bisphosphonate usage, and current smoker.
- It involves a series of procedures that must be handled by the best implant dentist.
Just like its name, the dental bridge is normally used to bridge a gap between the teeth. A dental bridge is a series of crowns that fit over the gap and the adjacent teeth. The adjacent teeth act as abutment or support for the fake tooth/teeth known as “pontic.” Therefore, the adjacent teeth must be prepared (filed down a bit) to accommodate the crown and this may weaken the adjacent teeth. The dental bridge was once the standard of missing teeth treatment before it was overtaken by the dental implant Houston. Till date, the dental bridge is considered as the second-best solution. However, most dentists would recommend a dental implant Houston over a dental bridge, except in certain dental cases.
In some case, instead of supporting the dental bridge by the adjacent teeth, the dental bridge may be supported by an implant. This is called an implant-supported bridge and it is more secure and durable than the traditional dental bridge.
Benefits Of The Dental Bridge:
- It is fixed and does not require taking out. This makes it a better option than the removable or partial denture.
- It is aesthetically beautiful.
- It is faster and less expensive than the dental implants,
- It is less invasive than the dental implant and does not require any surgical procedure.
- Unlike the dental implant, it is less dependent on the health status of patients
- It can be performed on a patient of any age
Disadvantages Of Dental Bridges:
- There must be adjacent teeth on either side of the dental gap
- A dental bridge relies on adjacent teeth and its abutment must be placed on the adjacent teeth.
- It is more difficult to maintain and clean. This may lead to recurrent dental decay or infection.
- It also requires the filing down of adjacent teeth, which may cause the adjacent teeth to be weakened and oversensitive.
- It has a higher failure rate than the dental implant.
- Bone loss may occur below the pontic.
For missing teeth treatment options, the removable partial (also called partial denture) is practically the last option. A removable denture is a dental appliance that can be worn during the day to replace missing teeth but must be taken out at night. There are various types of dentures based on the type of materials they are made of. However, all of them share similar benefits and disadvantages. Dentures frequently slip off the mouth. This makes it hard to eat certain foods and this may look uncomfortable. As a result, an implant may be used to stabilize the denture by attaching the dentures to the implant. This is called an implant-supported denture.
Benefits Of Removable Partial Denture:
- It is the cheapest of all missing teeth treatment
- It does not require a surgical procedure.
- It rarely requires any minor alterations to the existing teeth
Disadvantages Of Removable Partial Denture:
- It is removable
- It is less aesthetically appealing
- It is breakable
- It is less stable
- It is less functional
- It is more difficult to clean
- It can feel less comfortable
If you are considering a missing teeth treatment option, kindly contact us at VIP Dental Implants. Our professional dentists would be happy to discuss with you based on your dental condition and provide you with customized recommendations and treatment plans.