Single & Multiple Dental Implants
Tooth implant remains the best and most popular tooth replacement option that many people choose today. During tooth implant procedures, the oral surgeon inserts a dental implant into the gum tissue. After this, a natural healing process occurs, which allows the dental implant to bind with the jaw bone so as to give strong support to the replacement teeth and to prevent malocclusion from happening.
A tooth implant is the most durable way to replace missing teeth. It offers a number of benefits over other tooth replacement options. These include:
- Enabling you to smile confidently again.
- Restoring your normal-looking facial appearance.
- Preventing loss of bone by keeping your jaw bone stimulated with normal chewing.
- Giving you a custom-made dental restoration that imitates your natural teeth, thus, enabling you to enjoy a natural-looking smile.
- Enabling you to speak, chew, and eat without worrying that your teeth will shift or slip out
A dental implant can be used to replace single tooth loss, multiple teeth loss, or all the teeth.
Single Tooth Dental Implants
The single tooth dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth. It acts as a root for the missing tooth. This type of dental implant is a stand-alone dental replacement and does not require any dental work on the adjacent natural teeth.
Do you have a missing tooth? There are a number of reasons why you should quickly schedule a visit with VIP Dental Implants to discuss your dental implant treatment. These reasons include:
- Failure to quickly treat a missing tooth may cause the adjacent natural teeth to shift.
- An untreated missing tooth may lead to a bone loss that may cause the adjacent teeth to become loose, leading to tooth loss.
- Missing tooth makes you feel the consciousness of a gap when you smile.
- Missing tooth, especially the molar, can affect the way you chew and make it difficult for you to eat properly.
- More so, missing tooth can affect the way you speak.
Multiple Teeth Dental Implants
If you have missing multiple teeth, our professional dentist at VIP Dental Implants may suggest implant-supported bridges or dentures. An implant-supported bridge can be used to replace several teeth missing without the need of using any of the remaining natural teeth for support. The implant posts act as the roots for the missing teeth and are inserted into your jawbone to support the new bridge.
However, in certain dental conditions where you need to replace all of your upper or lower teeth, your dental professional may recommend a full set implant-supported denture. In this case, the dentist would surgically insert the dental implants in strategic places in your jawbone as the teeth roots.
The benefit of implant-supported dentures is that the implants fuse to the jawbone and provides better support of the dentures. Implant-supported dentures give patients a more comfortable look and feel than conventional dentures. Implant-supported dentures also enable patients to bite and chew more naturally.
However, not everybody is the right candidate for dental implants procedure. Eligible candidates for dental implants procedures would be patients with a good general oral health and who observe proper oral hygiene practices. More so, an adequate, strong, and healthy jawbone is required to support the dental implant, and the best candidate for dental implants must have healthy gingival tissues that are void of periodontal disease.
Do you want to know more about single or multiple dental implant procedures? Visit our dental implant page here. Do you have any inquiry about dental implant procedures generally? Please contact us at our dental office or visit our website to learn more about our Dental Implant services.