You Can Ask the Following Questions
In your bid to choose a good dental implant dentist for your dental implant procedure, it would be a good idea to ask the following questions. It may involve a little research but would be important if you find answers to them.
- Are there long waiting times, either for appointments or while in the reception?
- Do they take good care of the dental office space?
- Does the dentist explain treatments and implant procedures well?
- Can the specialist accommodate me should in case I need a 24-hour assistance?
- Are the dentist and their staff open to, friendly, and helpful with answering questions?
- Is the dental office easy to get to?
- Is their dental equipment and technology of high quality and updated?
- Does the dentist work with your schedule?
- What is the cost of this professional? Are they upfront with their out-of-pocket fees?
- Does the dentist offer emergency services and what type of services do they offer?
- Did the dentist attend any school and how much training did they receive?
After finding answers to those questions, here are further questions to ask, which will help you to determine whether the dentist is well-experienced with dental implant procedures include:
- Did the dentist attend any accredited institution?
- How many surgical training courses have the dentist completed?
- Does the dentist refer overly complex or difficult dental cases to oral surgeons?
- How long has the dentist been placing dental implants?
- How many bone grafting procedures have the dentist completed?
- How many continuing education courses on implants does the dentist take per year?
- How many courses has the dentist taken focusing on managing complications?
- How many implant dentistry does the dentist conduct per year?
- Is the dentist experienced in bone grafting?
How to Find a Good Dental Implants Dentist?
Use the ADA, AAID Search Tool
Every ADA, AAID certified dental professional should have his/her details on the ADA’s, AAID’s websites. All you need do is to use the search tool to search by zip code or any other parameter. This should present you with a list of certified dental implant dentist and also a map of their offices.
Make a Visit to Dental Offices
After finding a few dental specialists in your area, it is important that you visit them and their staff in their dental office before you schedule an appointment with them for your dental implant. You can also ask them some of the questions above. More so, take note of the state of their dental office and ask questions about the quality of their dental equipment.
Finally, read reviews. There are lots of websites where you can read online reviews of dental professionals. A popular one is RealSelf.com with lots of reviews. People who had undergone dental implant procedures posted their experiences – either bad or good – and even pictures of their mouth. This will help you in making the right decision when choosing a good dental implant dentist.
Conclusively, if you need to undergo a dental implant procedure, it is recommended that you choose the best dental implants professional over a general dentist. Though there is nothing against general dentists, just that the best dental implants professionals are more experienced and knowledgeable about dental implants procedures.