Benefits of Dental Implants Texas
Aside from the obvious cosmetic benefit of beautiful smiles and improved self-confidence that dental implants Texas offer, there are also many other benefits of dental implants to your oral care, which include:
- Dental implants stop your jawbone from shrinking as a result of missing teeth.
- Implant-supported dentures are more functional and comfortable that missing teeth.
- Dental implants give support to prosthetics. For instance, the implants hold the dental crown, bridge, and dentures firmly in place and prevent them from slipping or shifting while eating or talking.
- When your teeth replacements are secured to an implant, the replacements have a more natural function and feel than the conventional dentures and bridges.
Types of Dental Implants Texas
Basically, two types of dental implants Texas are available to you as a dental treatment plan. When you visit your dentist, he or she would review your oral health and current dental situation and then suggest to either of the two types of dental implants treatment, which are single tooth dental implants or an implant-supported dental bridge or dentures.
Single Tooth Dental Implants
The single tooth dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth. It acts as a root for the missing tooth. This type of dental implant is a stand-alone dental replacement and does not require any dental work on the adjacent natural teeth.
Do you have a missing tooth? There are a number of reasons why you should schedule a visit with VIP Dental Implants to discuss your dental implant treatment, which may include:
- Failure to quickly treat a missing tooth may cause the adjacent natural teeth to shift.
- An untreated missing tooth may lead to a bone loss that may cause the adjacent teeth to become loose, leading to tooth loss.
- Missing tooth makes you feel the consciousness of a gap when you smile.
- Missing tooth, especially the molar, can affect the way you chew and make it difficult for you to eat properly.
- More so, missing tooth can affect the way you speak.
Implant-Supported Dental Bridges and Dentures
If you have missing multiple teeth, our professional dentist at VIP Dental Implants may suggest implant-supported bridges or dentures. An implant-supported bridge can be used to replace several teeth missing without the need of using any of the remaining natural teeth for support. The implant posts act as the roots for the missing teeth and are inserted into your jawbone to support the new bridge.
However, in certain dental conditions where you need to replace all of your upper or lower teeth, your dental professional may recommend a full set implant-supported denture. In this case, the dentist would surgically insert the dental implants in strategic places in your jawbone as the teeth roots.
The benefit of implant-supported dentures is that the implants fuse to the jawbone and provides a better support of the dentures. Implant-supported dentures give patients a more comfortable look and feel than the conventional dentures. Implant-supported dentures also enable patients to bite and chew more naturally.
Are you interested in dental implants procedures, or have any inquiry about the cost or procedures of dental implant Texas treatment, please contact us at our dental office or visit our website to learn more about our Dental Implant services.